Last updated on March 4 2020
Alpcour Portable Toilet Review
This is one of our favourite portable toilets. It’s sturdy, durable and looks good (as far as portable toilets go!). It’s easy to carry, store and use, and very easy to empty. The spout is very solid and the rotation of it feels very sturdy as well. We particularly loved the sprayer. Whilst it has a piston flush, which is powerful, being able to use a sprayer to get water into all areas is a bonus.
Top 5 features
- A very strong unit able to hold up to 440 pounds
- Waste level indicator to show when the tank is full and needs emptying.
- Unique washing sprayer for better cleaning.
- Large and comfortable seat perfect for all ages.
- Perfect for indoor or outdoor use.
Other helpful features
- Has a piston flush which makes flushing more powerful. Along with the washing sprayer, this helps keep this toilet very clean.
- The waste tank has an anti-leak drain valve, preventing splashback, odors and spills.
- Molded handles on both tanks make picking up the separated units very easy.
- Perfect for small tents, small cars and boats.
- Carry bag
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 16.3″ length/depth x 14.4″ width x 16.5″ height
Tank capacity: Waste tank is 5.3 gallons
- Freshwater tank is 3.2 gallons.
- Tank will allow for approximately 50 standard flushes.
- Extremely compact and easy to clean.
- The piston flusher is strong and covers all parts of the bowl for a good clean.
- The washing sprayer is not found on many portable toilets, making this one a point of difference.
- This is a very sturdy unit and yet not cumbersome to carry, use or store.
- The design reduces odors and because it is made of poly there is a resistance to rust especially if used in marine environments.
- The spout for removal of waste rotates making emptying the unit easier and avoiding accidents.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Before using the toilet, the valve is opened.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The upper and lower units can be simply separated by the sturdy side latches, meaning it is easy to transport either tank to dumping or refilling areas.
- We love having a portable toilet that comes with its own carry bag too. It might be such a simple thing but it makes a difference.
- One year manufacturers warranty.
- If using the sprayer, either remove it after use, or leave it up high on the toilet. Leaving it hanging can sometimes allow for leakage of water from the tank.
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
Cleaning the water tank will require a hose be placed into the opening to get a good clean. As the waste tank does not have an additional rotating spout, you will need to take care not to splash yourself when cleaning.
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use recommended portable toilet cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Other frequently bought items
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure