Thetford Porta Potti 565E Curve review
Top 5 features
- It’s versatile. Not only is this the best portable toilet for camping, but it can easily be used on boats, RVs and campervans and on trucks. It can be used for people who live a more sustainable lifestyle out in the woods, or even for medical purposes for the infirmed.
- Its modern look, curved lines and height mean it’s a close representation of a domestic toilet, taking the stigma of using a camper toilet away.
- It’s very easy to use and easy to clean. Two of the most important features when considering which is the best portable camping toilet for you.
- Easy to view waste tank and water tank levels.
- It’s all fully self-contained so there is no danger of it leaking or splashing.
Other helpful features
- The battery flush controls are hidden away maintaining the minimalist look of the toilet.
- It has a hidden toilet paper holder that gets tucked away inside the unit. This also means that the toilet paper is always close by and not left out in the elements to get wet either.
- There is an optional hold down kit which assists in securing the camping toilet to the ground or to keep it in places whilst in transit.
- Both upper and lower tanks have robust handles to make carrying it easier.
- Having a rotating waste spout means that the actual distance between you and where the waste empties from is increased, therefore reducing the opportunity for splashing.
- Having a portable toilet onboard your RV, camper or boat, or with you whilst you are camping or driving means that you are fully self-contained.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 17-.7″ length/depth x 15.2″ width x 117.6″ height
Tank capacity: Waste tank – 5.5 gallons and freshwater tank 4.2 gallons.
- The Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve is a premium portable toilet, packed with all the features to make going about your business as comfortable and user-friendly as possible. With a modern, curved design and height it’s the closest thing to what you use at home.
- A large bowl size, an internal toilet roll holder and a battery-operated flush will make it feel even more familiar and will make you question, if only for a moment, where you actually are! This is no ordinary camping toilet. It also comes with a plastic lid and seat.
- The robustness and size of the unit also means it will hold larger people well. There is, however, an option to buy an add-on “hold-down” kit which allows the portable camping toilet to be secured to the floor or whilst you are traveling.
- Keeping an eye on the freshwater and waste tanks is a necessary part of owning a chemical toilet, but with the Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve, it is super easy. A tank indicator gives easy visibility to how much freshwater the portable toilet has left and how much more capacity the waste tank has until it requires emptying. The controls are hidden inside a lift up flap, keeping them out of the way but still accessible.
- This unit carefully avoids one of the main concerns people have when using porta-potties. Spillage and splashback are not something that you want to have happen to you. Nor do you want to smell the toilet. Thankfully, this toilet has the necessary design features to make it seal correctly to avoid those nasty odors from permeating your camping space. A simple lever is used to open and close the opening from the bowl to the waste tank before and after use.
- On the subject of cleanliness, the sleek, minimalist design of this toilet makes it a dream to clean and keep clean. The lid and toilet seat may be easily lifted up and cleaned around and the bowl contains no hard to get to places.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The water and waste holding tanks are both large enough to take the hassle out of constantly refilling or emptying. With a 4.2 gallon capacity, the freshwater tank will last for around 56 flushes before you need to refill. It comes with a strong handle to make it easy to carry.
- The waste tank holds around 5.5 gallons and also comes with a strong handle to hold the waste tank when emptying and a rotating, easy to pour spout. It is removed from the portable toilet unit via a pull-out lever. The spout has a good size opening to allow for immediate cleaning after the tank is emptied.
- One of the reasons why this is the best camping toilet is because if the batteries do run out whilst you are away and you don’t have any spares, the toilet can still be used. A manual flushing lever can be used in conjunction with some freshwater being added to the bowl and flushed as normal. Using good quality batteries gives more power for a better flush and is therefore also more likely to keep your toilet bowl cleaner.
- Thetford has a three-year warranty for portable toilets that are used for personal use and ninety days for commercial use. The standard disclaimers apply.
- Click the link for the technical specifications and spare parts for the Thetford 92360 camping toilet.
- To help keep the toilet clean, put some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary.
- Only use good quality AA batteries and keep at least one spare set with you in case they run out.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- Even though the waste tank won’t spill on you, if you aren’t used to handling portable toilet waste tanks, it might be a good idea to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use the Thetford cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.