Camco 41541 Portable Toilet Review
Top 5 features
- Easy to carry at only 11 pounds and has a strong carry handle. Due to its portability, it may be used in many places outdoors, including campers, RVs, trucks and boats. It can even be used for large outdoor events like family picnics and parties.
- The toilet is portable enough to even be carried in a car, so great for long road trips, especially if you have kids.
- It’s very easy to use and easy to clean. Two of the most important features when considering which is the best camping toilet for your needs.
- The camping toilet uses a bellows flush system located on the rear left-hand side.
- It’s all fully self-contained reducing the opportunity for it to leak or splash.
Other helpful features
- The waste tank has a large capacity of 5.3 gallons and the fresh water tank is a good size at 2.5 gallons. The Thetford 92360 curved Porta Potti is still the premium portable toilet when you are comparing the size of these tanks.
- It is a strong unit, able to support up to 330 pounds.
- The Camco portable toilet is operated via a manual flushing, bellows system.
- Odors and splashback are able to be contained due to a slider that sits across the opening between the toilet bowl and the waste tank.
- The toilet is separated into two halves, with the waste tank on the bottom.
- The two parts are locked together firmly with side latches, making it stable when being used.
- This portable toilet also comes with some sample deodorant tablets to keep the bowl fresh and clean.
- Having a portable camping toilet with you means you are fully self-contained.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 16.38″ height x 13.75″ width x 16.13″ length/depth.
Tank capacity: Waste tank 5.3 gallons and fresh water tank 2.5 gallons.
- The Camco 41541 Portable Toilet is a good quality, good value for money portable camping toilet. Whilst not the prettiest on the market, it serves its purpose in being an easy to use, reasonably good to look at, portable toilet.
- At 16.38″ high by 13.75″ wide, it’s large enough to feel as though you are sitting on a “normal” toilet but still small and light enough to be portable.
- The 2.5-gallon fresh water tank is located on the upper section of the toilet. A screw cap can be removed to fill up the tank with fresh water.
- The toilet has a plastic lid and seat.
- The unit has a sliding valve that allows for the waste tank to be sealed off from the main bowl, reducing the opportunity for splashing and odors.The lever to engage this valve is located on the front of the toilet and uses a pull-out mechanism.
- This is an easy to clean toilet, with a smooth design making it easy to get into all the toilet parts. Cleaning regularly will ensure your toilet is kept in great condition.
- The toilet is divided into two sections and may be easily taken apart via the side latches. Once the latches are opened, the top lifts simply off the bottom.
- The waste tank is an excellent size (5.3 gallons) which maximises the amount of time needed between emptying.
- To empty, detach the two units and using the handle, carry the waste tank to an appropriate location. There is a screw cap on the spout to the waste tank. Simply remove this to empty the waste. Fresh water may be poured into the waste tank once empty to flush out.
- With the fresh water tank only at 2.5 gallons, an eye will need to be kept on this and refilled more often.
- Both the top and bottom units have a carrying handle.
- Camco offers a one year, limited warranty for this chemical toilet.
- It’s always a good idea to keep the lid of the portable toilet closed before sliding the lever to open up the hole to the waste tank.
- Once finished using the toilet, be sure to lock the sliding lever firmly back in place, especially if on the move.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
Cleaning and care
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is advisable to use the recommended cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve review Camco 41541 Portable Toilet Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gallon Portable Toilet Thetford 92850 Porta Potti 320P Portable Toilet Amazon Rating MSRP $168.25 $78.58 $69.51 $106.56 Lowest Price $183.41Amazon
See it $62.99Amazon
See it $69.99Amazon
See it $107.92Amazon
See it Brands Thetford Camco Palm Springs Thetford Types Battery operated Manual Manual Piston Flush Model 92360 41541 BM300 92850 Weight 10 pounds 10.8 pounds 12.6 pounds 10.7 pounds Product Dimensions 18 x 18 x 16 inches 14 x 16 x 15.5 inches 17 x 16 x 14.1 inches 17 x 15 x 13.4 inches Read Full Review Read Full Review Read Full Review Read Full Review
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.