The car potty. Yes, it’s a thing, and we’ve decided that it can play a very important role for camping and road trips. Whilst the majority of our website is concerned with portable camping toilets, we understand that sometimes, longer trips to your final destination mean toilet stops are necessary along the way. Depending on the location, and your vehicle set up, it might not be possible to access your portable camping toilet until you get to your final stop.
But, what do you do if you need to go to the toilet along the way and there is nowhere you can stop? A car potty or portable car toilet might be just the thing you need.
If you still want a portable camping toilet as well, you can check our reviews and comparisons here.
Benefits of a car potty
- Easy to transport
- Available for toddlers and adults
- Can be used in the vehicle
- Can be used in other situations eg hiking, camping
- Always with you (as long as you keep it in the car)
All car potties mentioned in this articld have the added advantage of being able to be used outside of vehicles as well. If you don’t have access to a more robust portable camping toilet, or simply don’t have the funds for one, one of the portable travel toilets can get you out of a tricky situation. We wouldn’t recommend using them as a replacement for a camping toilet, but they are great for emergencies, or where you just can’t find somewhere to go.
Which is the best car potty for your road trip?
This portable travel potty is popular with adults wanting to have something on hand, just in case. It’s a great emergency toilet.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- Seatbelt can assist with less than suitable driving conditions (if a passenger)
- Very stable
- Sturdy composition
- Easy to fold up
- Ability to take up to 660 pounds
- Can be used for trash and storage
- Can be used inside the car
This car potty is great because it’s foldable.
- Extremely portable
- Able to be taken to other locations, not just the car
- Able to be used by adults and children
- Easy to operate
- Easy to clean
- Used in conjunction with bags
- Fully sealed, no leakage, no odors
This car potty is not sophisticated at all, but in an emergency is able to serve its purpose. Looking more like something you’d see in a hospital, it will work inside a vehicle.
- Made of heavy-duty plastic
- Easy to use handles
- One liter capacity
- Won’t spill once it’s been used
- Funnel is inserted into the bottle
For a car potty made especially for females check out Roadtrip Potty