Excelvan 5 Gallon Portable Toilet Review
Top 5 features
- Made from very strong materials to carry adults up to 130kg/287 pounds
- Excellent capacity in waste tank of 5.3 gallons (on average 2-3 days before emptying)
- 50 flushes on average can be made from the 2-gallon freshwater tank.
- Compact making use, travel and storage easy.
- Manual bellows flush system.
Other helpful features
- Only available in light gray.
- Its minimalistic design makes it easy to keep clean.
- The waste tank is separated from the bowl by a sliding valve, preventing splashback and spills. The valve is also double-layered further reducing any spillage.
- Includes a user manual
- The unit has a strong carry handle for use when emptying, refilling and storing away.
- The portability of this toilet makes it useful for outdoor events and parties, camping, toilet training, for use by the elderly as well as camping and road tripping.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 14.56″ length/depth x 13.97″ width x 16.53″ height
Tank capacity: Waste tank – 5.3 gallons and fresh water tank 2 gallons. This is approximately 50 full flushes.
- The Excelvan 5 gallon portable toilet is a budget option without missing out on many of the great features you would expect in a portable camping toilet.
- At 16.53″ high, it is a good height for adults, without being too high for children.
- The width of the toilet seat opening is 9.05″.
- It’s not a glamorous looking unit, but it’s built for functionality and effectiveness.
- It is still a compact-looking unit.
- The bowl is of a good size although men sometimes note it is not deep enough at the front.
- The unit is made from heavy grade polypropylene, ABS plastics and steel meaning that whilst compact, it is slightly heavier than other portable toilets.
- Easy to assemble, no tools needed.
- When flushed, the freshwater comes from a spout just under the toilet seat. It is quite obvious.
- Unlike other portable toilets, there are no waste tank level indicators on this unit.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Before using the toilet, the valve is opened.
- The toilet seat is not locked down.
- With a rounded design and lack of sharp corners, the toilet is easy to clean and keep clean.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The upper and lower units can be simply separated by the side latches, meaning it is easy to transport either tank to dumping or refilling areas.
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
Cleaning the water tank will require a hose be placed into the opening to get a good clean. As the waste tank does not have an additional rotating spout, you will need to take care not to splash yourself when cleaning.
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use recommended portable toilet cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Thetford 92360 Porta Potti 550E Curve review Camco 41541 Portable Toilet Dometic 972 Portable Toilet 2.6 Gallon Amazon Rating MSRP $168.25 $78.58 $86.45 Lowest Price $211.09Amazon
See it $62.99Amazon
See it $101.09Amazon
See it Brands Thetford Camco Dometic Types Battery operated Manual Button Flush Model 92360 41541 301097202 Weight 10 pounds 10.8 pounds 12 pounds Product Dimensions 18 x 18 x 16 inches 14 x 16 x 15.5 inches 13.5 x 15.5 x 12.5 inches Read Full Review Read Full Review Read Full Review
You might also like to buy
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.