Last updated on March 1 2020
Palm Springs Outdoor 5 Gallon Portable Toilet Review
Top 5 features
- Made of matte polyethylene making it an extremely sturdy and robust portable toilet.
- Excellent capacity in waste tank of 5 gallons (on average 2-3 days before emptying)
- A large 3-gallon freshwater tank.
- Manual bellows flush system.
Other helpful features
- No nasty corners or areas that can’t be kept clean.
- The waste tank is separated from the bowl by a double sealed sliding valve, preventing splashback and spills.
- Easy to use, molded handles on both top and bottom tanks.
- Easy to fill water tank. The openings on the waste tank are also large and have a strong cap.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 12″ length/depth x 13.5″ width x 16.5 height
Tank capacity: Waste tank is 5 gallons and fresh water tank 3 gallons.
- A solid portable toilet at a good price with all the key features of a portable toilet suitable for camping, motorhomes, RVs, and general use.
- Good height at 16.5″ high.
- The colour makes it look a bit more industrial but obviously, that doesn’t impact its functionality.
- Matte finish covers any scratches to a large degree.
- Single flush that swirls around the bowl in one direction.
- Full-size toilet seat.
- Reasonably light at 12.6 pounds when empty.
- Compact and easy to clean.
- There is no rotating spout on the waste tank.
- There are no waste tank level indicators. A visual inspection is required by looking into the bowl with the valve open to check the levels. Alternatively, you can pick up the unit, or separate and pick up the waste tank to check the weight. Regular use will give you an understanding of when to empty.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Before using the toilet, the valve is opened.
- The toilet seat cannot be locked down.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The upper and lower units can be simply separated by the side latches, meaning it is easy to transport either tank to dumping or refilling areas.
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
Cleaning the water tank will require a hose be placed into the opening to get a good clean. As the waste tank does not have an additional rotating spout, you will need to take care not to splash yourself when cleaning.
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use recommended portable toilet cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Click on the images below for recommended products for your toilet
Click here for more associated products
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure