Last updated on March 3 2020
Reliance Hassock Portable Toilet review
Top 5 features
- Bucket toilet.
- Simple to use and carry.
- The most portable of them all making it extremely easy to carry, transport and store.
- Soft, rounded seat.
- The inner waste bucket can be easily removed.
Other helpful features
- Small and compact, will fit into tight spaces, especially tents.
- It doesn’t really look like a toilet so discretion can be more easily achieved.
- Cleaning is very easy as all of the waste just goes straight into bags.
- Despite being small it is still incredibly sturdy and holds large and heavier adults.
- There is no smell. Seriously!
- There is a lid on the top of the bucket so it’s not open.
- Has a toilet roll holder attached.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 14.7” length/depth x 14.7″ width x 14.0″ height
- The biggest feature of all is that it weighs under five pounds so it is very easy to carry.
- This toilet is small, low to the ground and extremely compact. With the lid off, the height is 13.7″. Despite this, it is still a very robust toilet, built to seat comfortably even very large adults.
- No-one will ever think that a portable toilet seat is as comfortable as the one you have at home, but this seat holds its own. Considering it is quite simply a bucket, the soft, rounded toilet seat makes using this style of toilet as comfortable as possible.
- The product comes with a five-year warranty which is also on the high end of the scale.
- Being a bucket, this portable toilet is very simple to keep clean. We recommend using the Reliance Double Doodie bags that are specially made for this toilet. These bags offer a double bag for added protection, a zip-lock seal and a gel that solidifies liquid waste (the kind that tends to smell more than solid waste). For a few dollars more, this gives you the right bag, with the right treatment of waste and without having the issue of leaking or punctured bags and having to buy and use cat litter.
- Keep the lid of the toilet on when not in use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary.
- If you are only using the toilet for short periods of time, give it a good overall clean when you get home. If it is a more permanent arrangement, giving a full clean regularly will make it nicer to use and easier to keep clean for longer.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.