Last updated on March 22 2023
Thetford 92814 Porta Potti 345 Portable Toilet Review
Top 5 features
- Extremely compact so very easy to carry and store when not in use. Portability is the main reason people buy this product.
- Piston flush.
- The seat may be removed for cleaning.
- Waste tank indicators make it easy to keep an eye on levels.
- Extremely comfortable to sit on.
Other helpful features
- Given a design refresh, bringing all the Thetford features of smooth design and usability together. It looks really smart.
- Continues the style, quality and performance of the Thetford brand.
- Leaking and splashing are minimised due to the all-inclusive design.
- Rounded edges and hard-wearing material make it easy to clean and keep clean.
- The waste tank is separated from the bowl by a sliding valve, preventing splashback and spills.
- The unit has a strong carry handle for use when emptying, refilling and storing away.
- A rotating waste spout also reduces the opportunity for splashing when emptying.
- This toilet is especially great for having on hand for outdoor events, not just for camping and road-tripping.
- Good value for money.
- One of the most popular portable toilets based on what customers purchase.
- Easy to transport and store.
- Transportation can be done in small cars right through to trucks and RVs.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 16.8″ height x 15″ width x 16.3″ depth
Tank capacity: Waste tank – 5.5 gallons and freshwater tank 4 gallons. This is approximately 36 full flushes.
- The Thetford 92814 Porta Potti 345 is another excellent product from the Thetford range.
- It’s portability means that it is a great choice for walkers and hikers, or people just doing day trips, especially in areas where it is law to have a toilet with you.
- It is lower than the top of the range Thetford 550E Curve by almost four inches. Being a Thetford, however, means that the unit is comfortable to sit on and still stands up to adult sitting pressure.
- It’s a neat, compact-looking unit.
- The bowl is of a good size, and has not been diminished because the unit is lower.
- Having a toilet roll holder included is a good convenience.
- The piston flush provides a powerful flush.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Before using the toilet, the valve is opened.
- The toilet seat is locked to the unit with a latch.
- This valve also prevents odors and spillage coming from the waste tank.
- With a rounded design and lack of sharp corners, the toilet is easy to clean and keep clean.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The upper and lower units can be separated by a latch. This eliminates the need to transport the whole unit when wanting to fill the water tank or empty the waste tank.
- The freshwater tank has a 4-gallon capacity, which is a lot smaller than the other Thetfords. This is why it is a smaller and easier to handle unit. It just means that you will need to refill the tank a little more often.
- The waste tank, complete with a rotating spout, holds 5.5 gallons and comes with a strong handle to hold the waste tank when emptying. This is still a very good waste tank size, especially considering the overall size of the unit.
- The waste tank can be easily cleaned via the wide aperture at the end of the spout.
- No batteries are required for this toilet.
- Spare parts are available directly from Thetford.
- Thetford has a 3-year warranty for portable toilets that are used for personal use.
- Click the link for the technical specifications and spare parts for the Thetford 92850 320P Porta Potti
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use the Thetford cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Click on the images below for recommended products for your Thetford toilet
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.