Last updated 3 March 2020
Thetford Qube 335 Marine and Camping toilet review
Top 5 features
- One of the more compact portable toilets. It is classified as a small toilet.
- Piston flush.
- Lightweight and very easy to store due to its small size.
- Rotating spout even though it is not a top of the line model.
- Comfortable to sit on, even if you are a taller adult.
- Has a waste tank level indicator.
Other helpful features
- Small and compact, it’s fully self-contained so there is no danger of it leaking or splashing.
- Like all Thetford toilets, it is very easy to assemble, use, store and clean.
- A sliding valve operates between the waste tank, keeping odors contained and preventing any splashing either during transit or when in use.
- Even though not a top of the line model, this unit still has an optional hold down kit which assists in securing the camping toilet to the ground, or to keep it in places whilst in transit.
- Both the upper and lower units have handles designed for easy separation and carrying.
- The unit has a rotating waste spout means that the actual distance between you and where the waste empties from is increased, therefore reducing the opportunity for splashing.
- Its portability means it can be used in a variety of different situations, not just camping. In fact, it is a brilliant toilet for use on small boats or in any marine environment and in smaller vehicles and campervans.
- The lid has a latch to keep it locked on when not in use or in transit.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 15.05” length/depth x 13.46″ width x 12.3″ height
Tank capacity: Waste tank – 2.4 gallons and fresh water tank 2.4gallons.
- The Thetford Qube has been recently renamed to the Thetford 335 but is the same toilet as the Qube, just with some improved features.
- Thetford is a strong brand name in the world of camping and marine toilets and the Thetford 335 continues its legacy.
- This toilet is small, low to the ground and extremely compact. Even so, it is very sturdy, doesn’t move around when sitting on it, and holds a larger adult well. It’s just important to remember that all of the camping toilets are smaller than what most people are used to using in a domestic situation. This doesn’t mean that they aren’t appropriate to use in an outdoor environment.
- The seat is very comfortable.
- Whilst smaller, the toilet still has a good-sized bowl. This is a common quality amongst the Thetford brand of portable toilet.
- This new model Thetford 335 has seen an improvement with the inclusion of a piston flush.
- A hold-down kit may be purchased in addition if the toilet is going to be used in a permanent location as opposed to it being more mobile.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Open the valve when using the toilet.
- This valve also ensures odors are kept in the waste tank and prevents spillage when driving.
- As is the case with other Thetford toilets, this model is easy to clean and keep clean.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- Because the unit is a small one, the waste tank only holds 2.4 gallons. It comes with a strong handle to hold the waste tank when emptying. The waste spout rotates and extends out off the waste tank, making it easy to pour out the waste and increasing the distance between you and the spout.
- Equally, as a result of the size, the fresh water tank only holds 2.4 gallons.
- The spout has a solid screw cap and a good size opening to allow for immediate cleaning after the tank is emptied.
- Spare parts are available directly from Thetford.
- Thetford has a one year warranty for portable toilets that are used for personal use.
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
- If you are planning on making this a permanent toilet in your vehicle or on your boat, consider purchasing the hold-down kit.
- If you are you this in a campervan or boat, also consider building a removal cover for it (out of plywood for example). You can then use the toilet as a seat, covering the toilet, but making it easily accessible still.
Cleaning and care
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use the Thetford cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure.