Last updated 4 March 2020
Zimmer Comfort 5 gallon Portable Toilet Review
Top 5 features
- Made of strong polyethylene, able to carry the weight of adults and withstand the elements of nature without degradation caused by sunlight.
- Excellent capacity in the waste tank of 5 gallons (on average 2-3 days before emptying)
- 50-70 flushes on average can be made from the 3-gallon freshwater tank.
- This is an extremely compact unit making use, travel and storage easy.
- Manual bellows flush system.
Other helpful features
- Smooth design makes it easy to keep clean.
- The waste tank is separated from the bowl by a sliding valve, preventing splashback and spills.
- There are strong, molded handles on both the upper and lower tanks making carrying very easy.
- Both the waste and freshwater tanks have large, strong caps allowing for easy refilling and emptying.
- The Zimmer portable toilet is extremely useful for taking to any outdoor event, especially if you have small campervans or are camping in a tent.
For those who love the detail
Dimensions as per manufacturer’s specifications: 12″ length/depth x 13.5″ width x 16.5″ height
Tank capacity: Waste tank – 5 gallons and freshwater tank 3 gallons.
- The Zimmer portable toilet is another good budget option with all the baseline features you would want in such a toilet.
- This toilet gives up to 70 flushes.
- At 15″ high (to the seat), this portable toilets sits quite low to the ground. Access for taller people or people with disabilities or mobility issues might be of concern.
- It is a small, compact unit and easy to clean and keep clean.
- There is no rotating spout on the waste tank.
- Comes fully assembled.
- There are no waste tank level indicators. A visual inspection is required by looking into the bowl with the valve open to check the levels. Alternatively, you can pick up the unit, or separate and pick up the waste tank to check the weight. Regular use will give you an understanding of when to empty.
- A pull out lever operates the sliding valve that covers the hole at the bottom of the bowl. When the toilet is not in use, and when being emptied, the valve should be closed. Before using the toilet, the valve is opened.
- The toilet seat cannot be locked down.
- Both the top and bottom parts of the toilet may be separated. The upper unit contains the freshwater whilst the bottom holds the waste.
- The upper and lower units can be simply separated by the side latches, meaning it is easy to transport either tank to dumping or refilling areas.
- Help to keep the toilet clean by putting some water or a small bit of toilet paper in the bottom before using it for solid waste.
- Keep the lid of the toilet closed until you have moved the lever to open the access to the waste tank before use.
- Keep some wet wipes close by to encourage others to clean the toilet after use if necessary. Don’t flush these down the toilet.
- Using the appropriate cleaning chemicals not only helps to keep the camping toilet clean but also assists with keeping the parts lubricated correctly.
- It’s a good idea when handling portable toilet waste tanks to have some disposable gloves with you.
Cleaning and care
Cleaning the water tank will require a hose be placed into the opening to get a good clean. As the waste tank does not have an additional rotating spout, you will need to take care not to splash yourself when cleaning.
As the warranty does not cover damage you might do to the portable toilet, it is recommended to use recommended portable toilet cleaning products. Never use rough cleaners, pastes, scourers or acids on any of the toilet or toilet parts, especially the valves and seals. Using the recommended products also helps to keep all parts properly maintained.
Click on the images below for recommended products for your Zimmer toilet
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Best Camping Toilets and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
BestCampingToilets.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.de, amazon.fr, amazon.it amazon.br and amazon.es. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
For further information refer to the full disclosure